ID1 signature abroad

  • 2
  • Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered

My ex-partner is being asked to sign ID1 form, however he lives abroad, in Lithuania. Solicitors suggesting the only person that could sign ID1 form to be accepted by Land Registry is Notary Public. However in Lithuania there are no Notary Public as such, and their local Notaries are not signing foreign documents (including translations), they only produce their own documents or sign ones produced in Lithuania. Is there an alternative for foreign countries to use instead of Notary Public? If so, could you please suggest what service we could possibly use. At the moment we have obtained American embassy consul’s, who is a designated notarising officer, signature, would Land Registry be able to accept it?
Photo of Marjana Bobrova

Marjana Bobrova

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

  • 2
Photo of Adam H

Adam H, Official Rep

  • 28958 Posts
  • 1767 Reply Likes
Marjana - the forum has not been working today so I have emailed you a reply